Tuesday 20 September 2016

Day 11: Tue 20th – Piran, The Dream City - Slovenia

Sunrise 6:51am  – Sunset 7:05pm
Weather Forecast:   24 & possible showers
Steps:    7,961     5.49km

Another photo from our dinner last night.
Wake up call came through at 6:15 this morning but I was already up. The breakfast room opened at 7am and those of us doing the optional to Triest, departed about 8:10.  It was a very overcast morning and it sprinkled a couple of times on the way. 
The country side looks very Italian and by that I mean cypress trees and red roofed villas dotted on the hill sides. Also the sign posting is in Italian as well as Slovene.
We arrived in Trieste around 9am. There was a loo stop where we met our local guide, Helen, who is actually from France.  After the loo stop, we then did a coach tour of the old part of the city.
Roman remains

After our included walking tour, we were then the beneficiary's of another Insight flourish, coffee at a local cafe. Caffe Tommaseo. We were about 10 minutes late getting away & I then discovered that I had left my sunglasses in the cafe. I have managed to mislay sunglasses a couple of other times, so
now I always have a spare pair in the luggage.

Trieste Roman Catholic Cathedral

Street just below the Cathedral 
The beautiful mosaic behind the altar.

A WWI monument near the cathedral
We arrived back at the hotel at 12:30.  Annette & I arranged to meet, so she could download her photos off her iPhone, on to her iPad mini, as she doesn't have any cables to do so.
After she left, I did some hand washing and then had a nap.  We had arranged to meet later to have dinner together but before that, we had a lovely sunset.


No comments:

Post a Comment